Magento Security Scan & Patches: Why Should You Use it?
With the increasing use of online payments, scammers and attackers are becoming more and more prevalent. It is expected that over 82% of firms across the globe have been scammed. So, to avoid such scams, it’s imperative to use Magento Security Scan and Patches for your online business.
To overcome such problems and avoid scams, Magento used to tackle the problem in a completely different way using Magento Security Scan. Here, in this article, you will learn what is Magento Security Scan and why you should use Magento security Scan & patches for your store.
What is Magento Security Scan?
With Magento security scan, you will no longer need to worry about the security of your online Magento web store. With the help of our Magento developers, we applied security patches to Magento and Magento 2, monitoring new patch releases through our newly updated malware code.
You can run an audit on your site using a free tool from Magento Commerce:
- Security Risks
- Malware Patches
- Unauthorized Access.
To know more about its capabilities, check out what the security center can do for your online eCommerce business.
How to use Magento security scan?
Go to 'My Account' to find the tool. It requires the following to run:
- Select Security Scan
- Choose Security Scan
- Click Agree to the Terms and Conditions
- Once you are finished, you will be redirected to the Monitored Websites page. To begin, click Add Site;
Please note that you will have to run separate security scans for each site if you have several websites running on different domains.
- To verify your domain ownership, simply enter your site domain and click generate a code
- Now copy that Confirmation code to the clipboard
- Login to the admin panel as a site administrator and go to the below path
- Choose Edit from the drop-down list
- Paste the copied code into the text box under Scripts and Style Sheets by expanding HTML Head
- Upon completion, click Save Configuration
- To finish the verification, return to your Magento account and click Verify Confirmation Code
- After you get the successful confirmation, you can then set up the security scan options
For weekly Scan, refer to the below settings:
For daily Scan, refer to the below settings:
- To receive report notifications, make sure you enter a valid email address.
- When everything is set up properly, select Submit button and that's it.
To know more about the configuration, check it out here
If you want Magento professionals to install the latest security patches for your online Magento store. Hire our dedicated Adobe Commerce Experts to do this job more effectively for you.